Thursday 21 April 2011

AD107 digital skills

structuring my 1,500 word report, using the key learning outcome and what i need to write for each section



“Describe and comment on the use and development of digital applications within their art and design discipline” - learning outcome


Photoshop
describe and comment on the skills i have acquired and developed
Including how such skills are relevant to Graphic Design
My key strengths, weaknesses
How have they enabled you to develop design solutions and how is the software used in the sector?

Illustrator
describe and comment on the skills i have acquired and developed
Including how such skills are relevant to Graphic Design
My key strengths, weaknesses
How have they enabled you to develop design solutions and how is the software used in the sector?

Indesign
describe and comment on the skills i have acquired and developed
Including how such skills are relevant to Graphic Design
My key strengths, weaknesses
How have they enabled you to develop design solutions and how is the software used in the sector?

 and how i have implemented the skills into your final piece of work.
For my final piece of work that was conducted during the digital skills test, I was able to use the skills I learnt over the year to create my final piece.
I did this by… 


conclusion 

already having some experience and knowledge in most of the software, i found having the once a week I.T lesson for digital skills, was quite a useful, it allowed to expand my knowledge and creativity, as for each lesson we where shown something different on diffrent software:
  • photoshop
  • illustrator
  • indesign.




the 1,500 word report turned out  alot more more than i had expected on my word count, i thought i might have trouble getting words down, but the words turned out more flowingly, which makes all the more easy to write.
it made me realise how much ive learnt and how far ive came with my new found knowledge from this one year, it has made a great diffence and its reflected this in to my projects in the year because of the new skills i was shown from my digital skills being quite handy and so ive quite enjoyed this project.
i've learnt skills from not knowing how to use indesign to using it with ease now, being able to setup a document and use it to bring everything together to create my final piece and the options i have at my hands whilst doing this, that indesign provides.

the lessons where easy to follow and i quite enjoyed learning something new and found i was able to complete them each week. i had a few encounters with some of the exercises that where being a bit difficult but after being shown 1-on-1, i was able to grasp it easier, what i was getting stuck on.


after completing the exercises each week i made sure was putting them away in my file, so that i make it, a easier experience to pull my I.T file together for the end of the year making my time management work affectively and allowing me to work on my essay the week after the .I.T lessons are complete, so that i can concentrate on getting my easy done and being able to finish before the deadline, being right on target and hit the deadline.










 SWOT Analysis

   Strengths What did I do well?:i was able to manage each lesson well, keeping up to date each week and keep organise.
   Weaknesses - What do I need to improve? i dont feel there is any room for improvement since everything has well went.

   Opportunities -What do I need to do to build on my strengths and weaknesses? keep learning tutorials and remember what i have learnt.
keep practising and building on my strenghts so that it comes naturally.
   Threat - What could stop me achieving my goals? forgetting what i have learnt



SMART 


  •    Specific - Well defined:keep learning new tutorials
  • Measurable - Know when it has been achieved:when i have acquired a new skill each time from a new tutorial
  •    Achievable – Are the goals achievable:yes if i keep doing it
  • Realistic - Within the availability of resources, knowledge and time: this could be don't once a week for an hour using the internet as the source of info.
  •  Time Based - Enough time to achieve the goal: there is never enough time to learn everything and so there cant be an exact time of when this will be done, since i will keep on learning new tutorial all the time now, so useful and handy to know that it helps with design solutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment